The Paris of the Plains with its many beautiful fountains and boulevards Welcomes YOU to the 2018 AGO National Convention – “Bach, Blues, and BBQ”
July 2-6 in Kansas City, Missouri
Geographic center of the 48 states – Reasonable airfare and travel time – Equally convenient from both coasts! Performers, Venues, Organs, Worship Services, Workshop Topics, and Local Attractions are listed at our Convention Website www.agokc2018.com where you can sign up for our newsletter or request more information.
Opportunities are available for underwriting many of the convention events. Donor information is available at 2018_KC_Donor. Make checks payable to “AGO KC 2018”. Mail to: Debbie Winter, Convention Treasurer, PO Box 41523, Kansas City, MO 64171
The traditional Pipe Organ Encounter
- Is a 4-5 day event organized by a local AGO chapter under the sponsorship of the national organization. It introduces participants to the world of the pipe organ.
- Is a national program sponsored by the American Guild of Organists. Students are admitted to POEs on a first-come, first-served basis, regardless of attendance at prior POEs, and regardless of state or country of residence, as long as they meet the following eligibility guidelines: Students should be aged 13-18, be interested in the pipe organ, and have piano or organ proficiency ranging from intermediate to advanced.
- Provides an opportunity for students to have individual and group instruction in the basic rudiments of pipe organ technique and service playing.
- Provides a general overview of organ literature, history, pipe organ construction and design, improvisation and other related topics.
- Provides an opportunity for participation in ecumenical worship, so as to experience the role of the sacred musician.
- Most of all, provides a unique opportunity for participants to meet and interact with peers who have similar interests.
2018 POE dates will be listed here when they are announced.
Well-known organist Joan Schmitt in Kansas City, MO has lovingly played and meticulously maintained this 1981 2 Rank, 2 Manual, full AGO Pedal Board Wicks Pipe Organ in her home for the past 36 years. The lucky new owner will enjoy an instrument in pristine condition with a very colorful and beautiful voice. Dimensions are approximately 7’2” high, 7’ wide and 6’ deep. $5,000. Accessories include: Wind Indicator, Motor Control, Music Rack Light, Pedal Light, and Blower & Power Supply. Contact Roger Schmitt, 224-216-8792.
Manual I Manual II Pedal
8’ Copula 61 pipes 8’ Gemshorn 49 pipes 16’ Subbass (prepared for)
4’ Gemshorn 12 pipes 4’ Koppelflöte 12 pipes 8’ Gedeckt
2’ Blockflöte 12 pipes 1 1/3’ Spitzquint 12 pipes 4’ Flöte 2’ Choralbass