Hope you are all enjoying your summer. Not only travel, but hopefully a chance to practice more and plan some exciting things for this coming year at the organ!
We just had our final board meeting last night till fall. We had a lovely time enjoying dinner together outside at the Handley home on a beautiful evening. It was good to greet new board member Rich Leasure, and sad to say goodbye to Royce Eckhardt and Lee Nelson, who have completed their current board terms. We worked on details of our first few programs of the fall, and in particular are getting very excited about our opening program on October 7 – Vincent Dubois in recital at St. Luke’s. Please look at his bio in the ‘Upcoming NSAGO Events’ section of the newsletter, and pass the word about this fantastic opportunity.
So since most of us have a little additional time on our hands in the summer, I have a few things for you to do:
- If you haven’t done so already, take time to add all the events on our calendar http://northshoreago.org/events/ to your calendars – with one click! It’s going to be a great year, and we hope to see many of you at many of our events.
- Take a few moments to look at the chapter directory, http://northshoreago.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/NSAGO-Member-Directory-updated-October-20151.pdf. If any of your information is incorrect, or incomplete, we’d love to hear from you (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can have an accurate directory. For many of you, we have your basic info, but would love to add your place of work info: Title, Name/Address/Phone/Email of work place.
- Please let me know if you would like to be added to our sub list, or taken off the sub list for any reason. I frequently hear from people who use that source, so it’s important that it’s accurate. Send any info to email@example.com.
- For most of us, this is also the time to renew our AGO membership. You should have received a reminder from national about that by now, especially if your membership renews at the traditional date of July 1 each year, which is the case for most of us. If not, you can visit https://www.agohq.org/oncard-login/, and renew online in a matter of minutes. Your username should be your first initial and last name, and your password is your membership number, which you can find on the address label on your last TAO magazine.
- PICTURES!!! OK, this qualifies as nagging since this is about the 85th time I’ve asked, but I’d really like to see more churches represented on the homepage meta-slider. We have tons of great churches on the north shore, and only a few are on our banner. Please send me 3 pictures of your church: the outside, the sanctuary or pipework, and the console (send to firstname.lastname@example.org) . How long can it take to grab your phone and take 3 little pictures?
I think that’s it – hopefully you’ll still have time to enjoy the rest of the summer after completing these tasks….:-) See you in the fall!
Andrea Handley, Dean